Hey Guys! Happy Spring, can you believe we are 4 1/2 months into 2018 already? I swear yesterday was January. My Mom was here last week and we had a great time and now I am getting back into the swing of things here. This morning I realized I am doing a bad job at blogging so I am going to try and be better and I wanted to update you all on my word of the year Wellness and how that is going for me. You can read the original post HERE
There are a lot of moving parts with everything I am doing and that takes awhile to get it all in-sync.
Overall? Overall I think things are heading in a good direction. I am still getting 4-5 migraines a week but they are only coming at night (mostly) which means I am waking up feeling pretty good and able to have productive days and that is a start and a win for me. I think all my steps are working together and making that happen, making me feeing better. Here is everything I have done and am doing so far…..
* I got off Effexor which I started in December for Anxiety and migraines only to realize it was making so SO sick and giving me more migraines. It took me 6 weeks to get that out of my system and I felt instantly better. YAY ME! Now with that being said I will still try anything once, what if that could of been what made my migraines better? SO I don’t regret it. You never know until you try.
* I have had a COMPLETE blood panel on myself done, literally everything this took 2 draws and 10 vials total (yikes). And my Vitamin D is a little low, I have doubled my dose of that each morning and I am not in the sun much right because because well.. snow. ALL of my blood work is in normal range. It is so funny how migraines can make me so sick but I am very healthy over all, Cholesterol….. you name it I’m ok! The only thing that is weird I have always had which is very low blood pressure. Last week it was 89/64, I just have to keep hydrated and be careful in yoga to avoid being light headed.
* I had the BRCA Gene mutation test to see if I am a carrier for breast cancer and I am happy to say that I tested negative. That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t ever get it but I am not predisposed for Breast cancer. You can learn more about this HERE and if it something you should consider getting tested for.
* I found a new OB/GYN I have only had a infertility doctor here in Colorado so it was time. Everything is good but we will need to keep an eye on my reproductive health slightly more than some due to how long I was doing infertility and all the hormones I injected into my body over 2 years. Also TMI alert… I never had bad periods until after infertility and now my cramps are so bad sometimes I am doubled over in pain and the flow is horrible. Sadly my new doc said this is common and normal for my age and what I have been thru. YIKES>
* I have a new Neurologist he has some different ideas on ways to tackle my migraines and he wants do 4 rounds of botox for migraines which my insurance will cover AFTER I meet my deductible… so to move forward this first time would cost $1500. And it is different than cosmetic botox, a different “grade” and all that so it is more. SO that blows. I want to try this again but right now that price isn’t in the cards. He also gave me some new rescue meds to try out that are not a triptan.
* Since the second week of January I have been doing yoga 2-3 times a week and I really enjoy it. And I am very proud of myself. I do think it helps with just my overall wellness! I love that I seem to have found something that is good for me, making me strong and that I enjoy and thats hard! HA
* I have been Vegan for 6 weeks and during those 6 weeks I have been able to do 95% vegan, last week with my Mom I “splurged” a little and I wouldn’t even call it that. Next week for my Birthday I am wanting to have Sushi and so that will be a splurge! Overall I can’t say if it is helping me a ton but I think that it is working well along with everything else I have been doing and I really do feel good, light and have more energy it seems! So I am going to keep it up!
I know that was a lot and it seems like a lot in general but I told you all how sick I was at the beginning of the year and I have to I mean have to find a way to get my migraines under control, I can’t live like this. Why do you think I don’t have a full time job now that the job of getting pregnant is over? Every job I have had I have had bosses hate me for missing so much work, I was sicker and I can’t sit at a desk at a computer all day. People do not understand how much migraines take out of your life. SO I am trying my best to get new clients to buy or sell their home and I take my job as caretaker of the house and Matt serious. I am constantly doing projects to make our lives easier to “Earn my keep” Heck last week I spent 2 days cleaning the entire garage, organizing tools, Matt’s golf stuff and what not. It makes me feel productive so for all of you who think I sit around all day doing nothing, just ask Matt. He is happy with the way things are!
How are your 2018 goals going???????