the state of being in good health, especially as an actively pursued goal.
“measures of a patient’s progress toward wellness”
For the past few years I have done a word of the year, not a resolution but a theme for the year. You can see my past 2 years HERE. Last year was restore and the year before hope.
It’s funny how even being at a doctor twice a week for a few years with infertility can actually cause you to put off other areas of your life. You are so focused on thing, everything else slips away. My migraines have been there the whole time…. my cross to bear. This year I am going to start trying new things again to help alleviate them. You guys I have at least 4 migraines a week, I just don’t talk about it a much anymore because it’s like… whats the point. Anyways…
This year I want to (among other things) focus on my wellness. Here are some of the ways I plan on doing this….
* Migraines, I already started last week a new daily medicine to see if it will help reduce the frequency of them. Bi-Weekly massages on my head and neck to work out tension before it creates a migraine.
* Acupuncture, I use to go all the time during infertility treatments and then I just stopped. I am going to start back twice a month so migraines and just my overall chi and wellness
* Yoga, I have been told many times that this will and can not only strengthen my body but help with my anxiety and migraines AND a new place Yoga Pod opened in my neighborhood this week. I made the leap and joined. My goal is twice a week.
* I need to loose 6-7 pounds and then as always maintain.
* I am going to walk more and be more active outside when the weather is good here. Kayaking in Georgetown, walking my neighborhood trails… for me I need things that don’t feel like a workout.
* I need to almost completely eliminate my stupid lazy fast food lunches. I have to get a better plan together.
* I am going to continue to read for fun and for my happy soul.
Thats my start and to pay for these added additions I truly need to cut back on my spending. If I pass HomeGoods once that will pay for that massage. If I don’t but nonsense that will cover may yoga. I’m going to try really hard.
Do you have a word of the year? A theme?