The Super Bowl is ONE week away and I have the perfect Game Day Sandwich for the gang at your house!!! This was so good and it was the perfect leftover too! I found this recipe on Pinterest but I changed it up a little and made it a little more “semi-homemade”!!!
Crock Pot Chicken Sandwich!
For the Pulled Chicken:
2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 small onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
28 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies, 2 cans – like rotel
2 tablespoons red chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
2 cubes chicken bouillon
For the Chicken:
* Place diced onion and minced garlic in crock pot. Place chicken on top. Open cans of tomato and pour that over the chicken.
* Sprinkle chili powder, cumin salt and pepper over top. Put bouillon cubes in.
* Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours.
* Drain almost all of the juices and season more to taste, if necessary.
TIP!! I didn’t go thru the hassle of draining this…… most of the liquid cooked up and I just used a slotted spoon when serving!!!
To “pull” your chicken use 2 forks and pull the breasts apart……….
To Build Your Sandwich!
* Hawaiian Slider Buns is what I used and it was great! I did toast them under the broiler for about 5 minutes before piling on the toppings!
* Top with your chicken mixture
* Then I used cheddar cheese slices and I popped them under the broiler again until the cheese melted!
* Top with Picked Jalepenos!
These were delish!!!!! Enjoy!