I love finding new places for Mom and I to check out when she comes to town and so when I picked her up from the airport I took us to afternoon high tea at the Brown Palace!
The Brown Palace is a stunning historical hotel downtown and every afternoon from 12-4 they have afternoon tea and people just rave about it!!!
And they were right, it was just so fun and so different from what Mom and I would normally do!!! And the food was so good that we just might have asked for seconds!!! You can check out the hotel and tea for yourself by clicking HERE!
Mom and I always love taking fun cooking classes and Sur La Table is our go-to spot!! Earlier this year the movie Chef came out and so this class was based on this movie! It was a fun night of cooking Cuban food which was outside the box for me and I Loved it! We also got to take home a copy of the movie too!!!
So in Boulder is the Celestial Tea Factory and they do tours which are hugely popular and FREE! Sadly, no pictures were allowed in the tour but I was able to snag this cutie below!! The tour was fun to see how tea is made and stored! I wouldn’t plan a whole trip around this tour but if your in Boulder this should be a stop!!! Bonus….you get FREE tea! ha!
After we got home from our day in Boulder I wanted to make a girl friendly dinner that my Dad and Matt would not have gone crazy for! I made homemade roasted cauliflower soup with Pumpkin oil and Fall kale salad! It was so yummy and Mom loved it!
Here is the recipe:
Roasted Cauliflower Soup with Pumpkin Seed Oil
Serves around 4, total cooking time around 45minutes
1 head cauliflower chopped
1 onion chopped
2 garlic cloves chopped
2-3 cups Chicken (or veggie stock for vegetarian) stock
1 cup milk
3/4 cup smoked white cheddar
S&P (I used white peppar)
1 tablespoon Cumin
Drizzle of Pumpkin Seed Oil that you can purchase HERE!
1. Toss cauliflower with EVOO, S&P then roast the cauliflower at 425′ for 30 min
2. In a pot sauté your onion in EVOO until tender, then add the garlic in for just a minute or two.
3. Add your cauliflower to the pot and mix into onions
4. Pour in Stock, just enough to barely cover all the cauliflower and bring to a boil
5. Add in Cumin, S&P and reduce heat to let simmer for 10min
6. Use your Immersion Blender to blend mixture until smooth or you can transfer to a regular blender and then add back into pot!
7. Add the milk and cheddar and check your seasoning to see if you need to add more of anything
Then just pour into bowls, drizzle with the Pumpkin Seed oil and top with a little more smoked cheddar!
The next morning Mom and I found the cutest craft/antique store in Castle Rock and of course we had to hit up the Outlet Mall!!!!