My husband thinks that Gazpacho is literally drinking salsa but I beg to differ…..when made the right way it literally tastes like Summer….plain and simple! I love soup and I really love Gazpacho…it’s the perfect lunch to take to work with you! I love it anytime but for me when I have been eating particularly bad I will mix up a batch and eat that for lunch for a week and I feel more healthy. Not at all a cleanse but a re-set button for me! I have to share with you my recipe and I usually just add everything to taste or eyeball it but I will be a little more helpful than that for you!!!
Get Ya Some Gazpacho!!!!!
Get Your Ingredients!
5 Plum or San Marzano Tomatoes
2 Large Red Bell Pepper
1 Red Onion
3 small Jalepenos
3 garlic cloves
1/2 cup of cilantro
1 Medium Cucumber seeded
Salt & Pepper to taste!
1 Tablespoon Sugar
3 Tablespoons Lime juice
3 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
2 Cups Tomato Juice!
** DO NOT blend it all together at once…..or parts will become mush and some parts will be too chunky, blend each veggie individually!
1. Each go around….rough chop your vegetable, toss it into your blend with a drizzle of EVOO and blend! DO not puree it too much…you will want a little consistency to your soup! (see below)
2. I add each batch to a large bowl as I go….. This is my red pepper batch.
3. Make sure you seed your cucumber and tomatoes so your soup will not be too runny!!!
4. My secret ingredient is SUGAR!! It brings out the flavor of the tomatoes!!!! Just do it!
5. Some recipes call for White wine vinegar but I prefer Red Wine, it gives the soup more depth! That is what you are doing here creating a flavor profile!
6. Now….until you add your tomato juice your bowl is gonna look weird….but I promise once you add the juice it will turn into the rich red color that we are after!
7. You will be surprised at how much salt you will need to add…….I added about 1+ tablespoons!
This soup gets better the longer it sits, so my lunch today will be perfect!!!! I like to add a dollop of Sour Cream (vegan) when I eat mine to add richness!!!
TIP!!!! You can add 2 cups of diced Watermelon to this dish easy……but do not blend long at all….or it will be mush! This adds a little sweetness and I would then omit the sugar!!!
I really hope you love this as much as I do…..this dish will make you feel healthy and satisfied!