Hi guys!! It’s been about 2 weeks since I last talked about my weight and I am still having a hard time logging my food. Why is it that I can’t make myself do something so easy as track my food?? One day I am going to get back on track with using my WW app but luckily I still use everything I know about WW daily. My current weight is 145, I am down 1.8 pounds in the last 2 weeks to bring my total loss to 31 pounds! Sometimes I don’t think about how proud I should be until I get the new Weight Watchers Magazine and I see that they featured someone who lost 31 pounds. I love that magazine and that was a great reminder for me to take a minute and celebrate how far I have come in a little over a year!
Last night I threw together a soup with things I had in my fridge and if I had known how yummy it would turn out I would have taken pictures along the way! So instead you get a slightly messy mid-meal picture! I have to share this recipe with you all and I don’t have the points calculated out for WW but I used ingredients I know that follow the plan.
Creamy White Cheddar and Cauliflower Soup!
Serves about 4, 1 1/2 cup portions
1 head cauliflower rough chopped
1 carrot diced
1 celery stalk chopped
1 small yellow onion
1 teaspoon fresh Thyme, chopped
3 cups reduced sodium chicken stalk
1/2 cup Fat Free Half and Half
1/2 cup Aged White Cheddar
2 Teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
Salt and Pepper
1 pad of butter
* Toss cauliflower and carrot in EVOO, sprinkle with salt, pepper and throw onto cookie sheet
* Roast veggies on 400 for 15 minutes (just enough to get a little depth of flavor)
* Sautee onion and celery in butter, add cauliflower and carrot after about 5minutes and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes
* Pour in your 3 cups stock, or enough to cover all veggies and then simmer for about 10 minutes or until all veggies are tender
* Use an immersion blender (or pour into blender) and blend until creamy
* Add Half & Half, Cheddar, Thyme, Salt and Pepper
* Once heated thru, serve!!!! I had mine with some little toast points.