The Savage’s are headed West, 1,255.3 Miles to be exact to….
It’s TRUE, Matt and I are moving to Denver, Colorado!
Who? What? Where? Why??? I know I know, here are the details…..
The night before we headed to Oklahoma for Christmas Matt said “What do you think of Denver”…..I was like….uh? What? And he explained to me that a Farmers District is open in Denver and looking for a District Manager. He had been contacted regarding this opening and would like to interview, which he did last week. And not even 1 month later….. it is happening!
Matt was offered the position just this past Wednesday and Thursday the contract was signed!
I am sure you all have a ton of questions and I understand my head is still spinning! But here is what we know as of now….
* Matt will be moving 2 weeks from TODAY! eeek! And this coming week Matt will be in San Diego at a Farmers District Manager summit. So we are pounding pavement via the internet looking for Matt a furnished extended stay/corporate housing in Denver for the next few months.
* I will be staying here in Ohio, continuing to work while I wrap up our lives here. Ah yes, the house! I will be doing my best to sell by owner again and if after a month or so that isn’t working we will get a realtor.
* Once we wrap everything up, sell the home and find a place to live in Denver…. we will make the 20+ hour drive from Columbus to Denver.
This decision was made based with all of this in mind:
* On the fact that in Denver Matt will not be traveling, we can have a life together again. We will actually eat dinner together…who would of thunk it?
* We will be closer to Oklahoma, only a easy 1 hour flight away from family! Plus a HUGE decrease in ticket prices.
* This position as a Denver District Manager is a good one and we can see a bright future ahead.
* And oh ya, this city just so happens to be the home of one of our favorite teams……
Yes, we are sad to leave Columbus…..we thought this was forever and we grew to love this city. So in a way for me especially this is closing a chapter in our lives and that does come with a ton of emotion. And no, this transition will not be easy…..it will be filled with challenges that I am sure of, BUT a girlfriend told me yesterday…. “Eye on the Prize” and she is right!
Lastly I want to say how proud I am of Matt and everything he accomplishes professionally. Sometimes we don’t see our husbands persona outside of the house as much as we should. Matt is an incredibly smart and a highly respected professional within Farmers Insurance and I beam with pride.
GO BRONCOS today is a HUGE day… We are in it to win it!!!! Beat the Pats!!!!
We want to say THANK YOU to all our friends and family who love and support us! Thank you to my blog readers who I share this crazy life of mine with. And buckle up, we are all in for the ride!