I have pinned countless Roast Chicken recipes on Pinterest so a week or two ago I decided to combine them all in a easy approachable way for a delish Fall dinner!! Matt loved this….he went on and on without me having to ask! So husband approved people!!!
And let’s just get this out of the way……..Yup, she is upside down! Didn’t realize it until later but hey….she tasted good!
3-5 pound Chicken
Fresh herbs : Sage, Thyme, Rosemary (any combination will work)
Butter, EVOO, S&P
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apples, Sweet Potato, Potato (as much or as little as you want)
Carrot, Celery, Onion
Orange- I chopped her up and put it in because I had this in my fridge! I stuffed the orange inside the chicken too!
– Peel and chop up all of your veggies then toss into a roasting pan or casserole dish can work too!
– Chop your apples but do not peel and throw them into your pan also! TIP! These will pretty much disappear but this gave the broth and veggies the best taste!!!!
– Give all your veggies a nice sprinkle of salt and pepper then drizzle with EVOO.
– Next, drizzle your veggies with Apple Cider Vinegar (about 1/4 cup)
– Plop your chicken on top and slather with butter! Yumm!!! Salt, pepper and any other seasonings you would like.
– Chop up your fresh herbs and toss over veggies and chicken!
– Cover with foil and cook at 325′ for 1 1/2 hours!
– Uncover and finish at 375′ for another 30min-1 hour depending on chicken size! I did an hour!
This was So good and all we had this with was reduced fat crescent rolls! I also had this for lunch the next day and then used left over chicken in a soup that week too!!!!