Welcome new friends from Pinterest!!!! The delish Fall recipes are at the end of this post!! I hope you all will stay awhile and visit again! ~Nicole
Saturday Morning Matt and I went to the old Historic Pickerington downtown to have brunch at a favorite of ours….Village Crepe. The Fall colors are starting to show here so we took a walk around old downtown and we just loved the fresh leaves!
This house amazing mesmerizes me! I mean not only is Ivy (maybe) covering most of their house but look at how pretty this house is in fall. Don’t mind the yard but it was a favorite of mine on our walk.
THEN when I got home I had the most wonderful Care package from my bestie Becky! I mean look at this…how exciting….I love every single thing! Seeing the fall leaves and my Fall surprise has gotten me in the Fall mood!
I have the 2 easiest and yummiest Fall meals that anyone can make!!! This one first up is actually one of the first recipe my Mother-in-law gave me. This morning I searched my blog and could NOT believe I have not blogged about this yet!!!! This may seem like a lot of ingredients but most of these cans were around .80. This can be made for 2 like I do for Matt and I and then have leftovers or this would be great for a family.
Crock-Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup!
TIP! This can be as little or much of any ingredient you like….by just adding another can.
– Chicken- You can use: canned, chicken you cooked yourself or I got a rotisserie that I then shredded.
– 1 can Rotel
– 2 cans Tomatoes (I used Fire Roasted….the BEST thing ever)
– 1 can corn, 1 can white hominy and 1 can yellow hominy
– You choice of 2 cans of beans: Pinto, Black, Kidney or Great Northern.
– Chicken stock
– 1 packet Ranch mix and 1 packet Taco mix.
– Open all cans and pour everything in ONLY draining the beans but do not rinse. Pour in all the other veggies juice and all.
– Add both packets of seasoning and then add your chicken
– Add as little or much of the chicken stock so you can determine how thick or thin you like it. I usually use around 1 1/2 cups!
** Put this in your crock-pot on low for about 5-6 hours! OR You could do high for 2 hours!!!!***
We then serve ours over crushed tortilla chips, with cheese and a dollop of sour cream!
Enjoy guys…..this will stay good in the fridge for days!!! I LOVE taking this to work for my lunch!
If you know me then you know I need a dessert and this week I combined a recipe I pinned with WW guidelines! I am so excited to try this tonight and the “filling” was SO good!
TIP! You could also use this filling as a dip with cookies, in a pumpkin trifle or a parfait!
Marshmallow Pumpkin Ice Box Pie!
– 1 Low Fat Graham crust
– 1 cup pumpkin puree
– 1 13oz jar of Marshmallow creme
– Dash of cinnamon, Dash of vanilla
– 1 tub of Fat Free cool whip
– Combine the pumpkin, marshmallow, vanilla and cinnamon in a mixture until smooth! Then add in your tub of cool whip….only mixing until combined and lumps are out! And here is where you lick the bowl!
Then you literally pour it into your crust and put in the fridge for at least 3 hours! That is all! I think tonight I am going to drizzle some caramel sauce on top!
I will say both my Mom and I had a hard time getting this to set up…..so thanks to my Mom for a brilliant idea……she put hers in the freezer for about an hour and she said it was the best “ice cream” pie ever!!!