This morning I realized that there is only 1 more Thursday left in this year, how can that be? Where did the time go? Today I want to share with you what I have been thankful for this past year. At times I have been known to be a “glass half empty” and I need to remind myself from time to time everything I have to be thankful for.
This past year I am Thankful for…………..
* Family, when you are going thru things in your life your family is in the trenches with you even if they don’t choose to be. Everything that I have gone thru my family has experienced also. Thank you to both “clans”!
* Becky, my friend Becky is the best one woman support system I could ever ask for. I just hope that one day I am able be there for her when she needs me like she is there for me. I am eternally grateful.
* My animals, my 4 animals love me unconditionally. My brood gives me so much joy and when I feel lost or sad I am reminded of my immense love for them. My animals make me realize just how big my heart is and even though my house will never be truly clean with them running all over the house…..but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
* GPS, really….living in a new city, a new state I could never have made it around without my GPS. I am also thankful for a reliable SUV, that is one less worry for me and my family.
* Laughter! When times have been really bad and when I think nothing can be worse God has given me the gift of laughter……. (See example)
1. When my toilet overflowed filled with crap on the day of my Okc home inspection
2. When Mom and I lost my cat Bella in our hotel in St. Louis
When those things happened and I am flipping my lid I am thankful for laughter. Thankful that I laugh about it now and thankful that even though it might have been a “I am crazy” laugh during these events… it was laughter.
* I am thankful for all my girlfriends and my book club girls. We listen, we laugh, we vent and they understand.
* I am thankful that my animals made the transition in Columbus so well. I was so worried about their happiness and how they would adjust! They are so happy to have a home with more room to run and play. And my cat, I can’t believe how wonderful she has been.
* I am thankful for this blog and everyone who laughs with me, feels for me and lets me talk about everything under the sun.
* I am thankful my Mom made the 2 day drive with me to Columbus when we moved. It was absolutely horrid but we were in it together. And that might tie for worst 2 days of the year.
* I am thankful for Matt who has a good heart and a positive attitude. I am thankful that we made it thru the year. It has been the worst of our marriage but with everything we have been thru this year I am thankful we are still a we. I am ready for 2013 and hopeful things will only go up from here.
I could go on and on but those top my list! What are you thankful for in 2012?