Hi Friends! So I am one of those crazy people who always posts pictures of their food on Instagram, kinda annoying I bet. BUT, my friend Sara (Las Vegas Allred’s) said I should start a cooking blog…..well friends that was one of the reasons I started this blog. On the top under my header pictures I have a catagory called “In the Kitchen” and up until this year I posted recipes weekly, not sure why I stopped. I think I have gotten bogged down by life but I am here to tell you all more food and recipe posts are on their way!! Some recipes are my own and some are recipes that I have tried and want to pass along to you!!! If you have time you should scroll back and check out some of the posts under my “In the Kitchen” tab…..make sure to pin ones you love so you won’t loose track of them.
Lets start and there is no one better to start with than a Pioneer Woman recipe!!
Ranch Chicken Sandwiches!
To begin, make the marinade. In a large bowl mix together ½ cup Dijon or country/grainy mustard with ½ cup honey, juice of ½ lemon, ½ teaspoon paprika, and ½ teaspoon salt and whisk until smooth. Sprinkle in some crushed red pepper flakes or cayenne if you like things a little spicy.
I then places my chicken breast in a bowl with the marinade, covered with foil and let them sit in the fridge for 1-3 hours!!
This is the easy part……
– Fry up some bacon and then you can grill your chicken or however you prefer to cook the chicken.
– Get some sandwich buns (don’t toast em) top your chicken with the bacon and cheddar cheese. Melt that on your grill or place back in oven for a minute or two
Wham! Simple, easy and scrumptious chicken sandwich buns…………….. They were so good!
Next up this recipe is special……this is an old classic recipe and happens to be the cheesecake my Mom made for us growing up. I remember always requesting this cheesecake for all special events! It is different than a typical NY style so trust me, it is AMAZING!!!
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 Keebler Ready Graham Crust
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1. In large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and salt. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until just combined after each addition.
2. Place crust on baking sheet. Pour in cream cheese mixture. Bake at 325°F about 25 minutes or until knife inserted into filling 1 inch from edge comes out clean. TIP!!!!! I have always had to bake this for MUCH longer…….usually around 35 minutes. Just make sure the middle doesn’t wiggle. (cheesecake rhymes)
3. In small bowl combine sour cream, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Carefully spread over cheesecake. Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. It is SOO good!!!!!
I hope you all enjoy these recipes!!! Pin em, Make em, Enjoy em!!!!!