Good morning friends…..sorry I missed blogging yesterday but I was frustrated and didn’t decide until last night if I was going to let my guard down and share with you…..and I am. Ok, if you know me you know I talk fast and at times when I verbally vomit all over the keyboard it can get a bit jumbled…so bear with me.
WHere are we on the house??? We are still on hold….here is the deal…….we are suppose to find out ANY day about the final approval on our loan and it is killing me. I have no patience…I mean we are suppose to move in 3 weeks and nothing it set. The couple did take the home off the market in Ohio so they believe that this is happening but what is the hold up?
– We are getting a conventional loan and these days you don’t get “pre-approved” they go thru the entire process of underwriting before they issue a “approval” letter. In Ohio you have to get some special expensive mortgage insurance at closing and you have to go thru the approval process there too.
– But what I don’t get is how they are telling us our case is “special” because we are both 1099. I mean come on…….we are hardly the first couple ever to both be 1099 to buy a home, it is complete BS
– They have 5 years of tax returns, bank account info, we have the down payment in our account and we both have really good credit. And honestly I am proud of that, I am like 50 points from perfect….SO WHAT GIVES????
– What is crazy is the guy told us when looking at homes we would be approved for like 70k MORE than we are actually spending now…..so once again WHAT GIVES????
Then on top of all that I am going to give you a glimpse of what is going on in my head…..
– I have to find time to work full time
– I have called and gotten quotes from like 10 movers (PODS included) and everyone wants over 6,000 to move us (Farmers does NOT pay for anything this is all us) And…..a few companies told me they couldn’t even guarantee a 3 week delivery? What in the WORLD would I do with nothing for 3 weeks?
– We have officially decided we are moving ourselves which still is not cheap. So I need to start packing our home and hoping we all still closing both homes on May 9 …..Matt will close in Ohio, I will close here then Matt will fly home the next day and we (and family) will load a UHual and drive the 15 hours straight with 4 animals to Ohio.
– I have to get all 4 animals into the vet to get up to date and ready for a big move
– I have to logistically plan everything out
– We will have to have a team go to our new house and put up a fence the day we are driving there so the dogs can go outside, so I am trying to organize that
– I am doing this house myself, so I am working with the buyers on everything, the paperwork and the Title company
– I want to try and enjoy Okc before I leave
– I want to spend time with friends and family
– But all I want to do is disappear on the couch
– I stress about money and how much this is all going to cost us
– I owed 2k more on my taxes than I planned for so that blows
– I need to get oil changes, change addresses, get doctor files etc…..
SO……….I know that was a lot, but until we get this letter and it is 100% ……it is like I am on hold and it is killing me, I swear I am yelled at many people but ONLY in my head.
Whew! Thanks guys…hope that glimpse into my head wasn’t too scary. I will keep you updated….but just cross your fingers today is the day! I am looking forward to showing you pictures but I am waiting until that contract is signed.