So for this Friday’s addition of Five for Friday I am calling it 5 things about last night………….
1. Last night was May Giveaway which is the end of the year banquet for Junior Hospitality. We had the banquet at a local country club and everything turned out perfectly!
2. The main reason we celebrate is because last night we gave away out grant money for the 2010-2011 year to The Bethel Foundation. Below is me, Lynda the director of the Bethel Foundation and our president Jen. Last night also concluded my 2 year run as Community Outreach director so getting speak on behalf our group and present the grant money was so special for me! And the money we gave the Bethel Foundation is going to help them purchase 2 commercial freezers.
3. Each year at May Giveaway we can all invite a friend who is wanting to join JH in the fall. My friend Lindsay from work wants to join so she was gladly my plus 1! It is neat to invite new people to see us present out grant and really see the main reason why JH exists!
4. 2 years ago Becky was my plus 1 and fast forward to last night…..she was sworn in as a member of the board. I love that she loves it as much as I do.
5. This is Jennifer and I presented her with an award…..she participated in the most service drives this last year. Jennifer was sworn in as an official member last night and we are all excited to see what she will bring to the group. Wondering what my position is for the upcoming year? I will be our Provisional Director…..which essentially means I am in charge of all the new girls a/k/a our Provisionals. I will guide them, educate them and be their liaison in the club…..and I am looking forward to it.
SO that was my last night what was yours?