Get ready because this is going to be another “preachy” migraine post……
Last night was the 7th night in a row that I had to take one of my mega pills and go to bed with a migraine! I mean enough already, I am in a bad cycle that I want to stop. Whenever I post about my migraines on Facebook everyone is so kind and they try to offer their help and I am so thankful to have such nice friends….. but at the same time I have been diagnosed for over 10 years and it’s not like I sit around sick….I have tried everything.
1. I have a CO detector in my home and that is not it
2. I went to a chiropractor for 3 years and that did nothing
3. I have had 2 MRI’s
4. I have a neurologist who I regularly see
5. I am on a daily preventative medicine
6. I have 2 very expensive prescriptions I take when a migraine comes on…..but the wonderful people at the insurance companies limit the number of meds migraine sufferers can take……6 of one a month and 18 of the other. Since I have more migraines than that I have to choose if I can suffer thru this one as to save my meds.
7. I get 8 hours a sleep every single night
8. I do not drink or smoke
9. I watch what I eat
As you can see I do and have tried everything. And I totally realize that with an illness you can not see that it is easy to look at someone who suffers from migraines and think “oh you have a headache” and you have no idea. When you take these heavy duty migraine pills you are suppose to take them and go to bed but that is not realistic, they make you very woozy……I have learned to work thru the fog because in what life do you have time to miss work and lay in bed all day? I just want people to know it is so much more then a little headache……….sometimes I literally think I am going to die and I don’t mean such a debbie downer but at times it is hard to pull myself out of a dark place. Do you know what it is like to pray EVERY single night “please God let me wake up feeling ok”…..I would kill to know what it is like to just wake up everyday feeling normal. If I am ever out late with friends, or out of town or doing something out of the normal in my head I am beyond stressed wondering if I am going to get sick. I get by each day at a time. I wish there was more education on migraines….I have written Oprah (go figure) I mean imagine if she did a show? People would maybe stop thinking I am some baby with a little headache. I don’t mean to be all up on my soap box and lecturing everyone but I am passionate about this. I would do anything to be normal and from time to time I just need to get this all “out there”!!
Thanks for listening………