Cart Wars

Ok, do you ever have the same silly argument over and over and over? Well we do, we have this argument every Sunday morning at the grocery store…..what could we possibly have to argue about? The bill? Meals? Nope, Try again…………….
How to load the cart!

Yes you heard me we argue over the right way to load the cart………..

You see I don’t like stacking things in the cart, everything has it’s own space and I firmly believe the bottom of the cart is made for pet food, toilet paper and paper towels. Matt’s argument is that when it is time to check out he doesn’t like bending over to get things on the bottom. That is right that is his full argument! So each week I put things below and tell him I will bend over to grab when we check out but no we go back and forth. We are half joking but secretly we both want our way and it really bugs me!

How do you load your cart? So friends help us settle this…..
To use or NOT to use the bottom of the cart?

1. Thompson 5
    November 9, 2010 / 3:12 pm

Definitely to use for larger or heavier items. 🙂

November 9, 2010 / 4:13 pm

yes, you must use the bottom…however, I am very anal and will re-organize how things are loaded in our basket at least twice as I shop…cold stuff by each other and warm stuff by each other so I don't have to sort it as I am putting things out to be checked.

November 9, 2010 / 6:18 pm

I always use the bottom of the cart! I also sort all my items in my basket. Each item has a place…i'm a bit OCD!

4. Sarah
    November 9, 2010 / 10:48 pm

I agree with you. I am super anal though and I organize my cart by similar items that can be bagged together and belong together, i.e. frozen foods, dairy, meets, canned products,fresh fruits and veggies, boxed products, and misc. its easier to put things up when I get home if all the similar items are bagged together. The workers at the store say it saves them time and helps them out too.

5. The O'Reilly Family
    November 10, 2010 / 1:08 am

Def load the bottom. I put paper towels, bottled water, tp, & my beloved fresca (2 bottles). 🙂 My basket would be overflowing if I didn't use the bottom. Grocery shopping life saver.

6. The Kovash Family
    November 10, 2010 / 3:25 am

Agreed! I use the bottom for the same things you do and also organize like things in the basket. So, it looks like Matt's weird (or wrong), not you 🙂