Date Party?

So in case you were not Greek in college a Date Party is something a house does several times a year sometimes by pairing up with another house but other times alone. There is always a theme such as “Delta 54” “Toga” “Shamrock Social” etc……. why am I telling you this? Because a date party is in my near future, NO JOKE!
Well this year is OU Tri Delt’s 100 year celebration and Sept 24 & 25 is the weekend filled with fun. This also happens to be my sisters very first college date party and she already has her date lined up, she is so excited! The Centennial Celebration Dinner & Dance is Sept 25 and all former OU Delta’s are invited….Not many of my close friends are attending but I am going to go. Why? Because Marissa wants me to and this will be the ONLY time I will ever be able to attend something like this with her at the same time. It is kinda neat being able to go to her first Date Party and I didn’t want her to think of Matt & I as “3rd Wheels” but she wants me to go so bad…which makes me feel so good! This party is SUPER expensive…it will cost Matt & I a couple of hundred JUST to attend!! So here is what must be done in the coming weeks….
1. Save money, pay & RSVP
2. Tan…….. I am over looking “egg shell” and a former coach of mine told me this “Fat looks better tan” I am not joking
3. Find an amazing Date Party dress that will hide my huge butt and thunder thighs
4. Oh ya, tell Matt he is going!
Wish me Luck!

September 1, 2010 / 6:28 pm

Aww, so fun, and you are beautiful! I meant to comment before, I started following your blog from Sara's TheVegasAllreds.blogspot.com. We met them on our honeymoon and have been in contact ever since! Anyhow, your blog is so cute, that I usually check in on it when checking hers!-Kari Kirkham

2. Caroline
    September 1, 2010 / 6:36 pm

Oh lord lady 🙂 I don't believe there's anyway you've been hiding a "huge butt" and "thunder thighs" in all those cute pictures you post!!That being said… if what your coach said is true, then sign me up for a tanning bed tonight! 🙂 I loved the comment you left on my post earlier! I didn't know if you'd see it or not, so here's my response: (sometimes I feel like such a blog newb)"I love it! That is such an awesome story! I'm sure I would have gone in with thick skin and come out a crying mess! Minus the fact that I can barely reach below my shins when standing!That's so cool that you made it to finals! Did you ever try out again? Since football is still in preseason it should be coming back soon! I think I read mid-October somewhere? Seasons 3 and 4 were on netflix instaqueue so I still haven't seen 1 and 2. That comment totally made my day – you should write a post about it sometime! Hope you and your doggies are doing well!!"

September 1, 2010 / 9:19 pm

Too fun! I totally agree that tan fat looks better than white fat. If you don't want to buy a dress, you are welcome to see if I have anything that will work. I'm not sure how "formal" it is, but if I can help with cost, I'll be happy to.

4. Natalie
    September 2, 2010 / 11:03 am

I remember Date Parties, how fun! And how great you get to go with your sister, I'm glad you are taking that opportunity. I think you look amazing, seriously, you couldn't look fat if you tried. Can't wait to hear how it all goes!

5. The Kovash Family
    September 2, 2010 / 3:19 pm

I wish I could go!!!!

September 2, 2010 / 5:20 pm

I had no idea that this was going to be there first date party…that's pretty cool! I'm looking for a dress as well that will hopefully cover up my post-baby body! I look forward to seeing you and meeting Matt!