Ok, After posting this picture on Facebook I have had a few requests for the recipe!! This was so good the first time around I have since made this again. Even thought it was a stuffed pepper it is a surprisingly refreshing dish for summer!!! This is “based” on a Giada recipe but I changed it up to create a flavor profile I would like better!
Cous Cous stuffed Red Peppers with Basil Creme Fraiche
1. Heat oven to 400′
2. Get a box of Parmesan Cous Cous, bring 1 cup chicken stock to a boil then add 3/4 cup Cous Cous and cover. Remove pan from heat for 5minutes and let the cous cous soak up the liquid.
Then fluff with fork and dump into a bowl.
3. In the bowl add 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh spinach, 1 can of White beans drained, 1/2 cup mozzarella, dash of cumin, salt and pepper. Drizzle with EVOO …Mix well.
4. Chop the heads off of 3 peppers and remove insides. Then stuff each pepper with mixture, and drizzle EVOO on the top.
5. Add the peppers to a baking dish and add hot water to dish (3/4 inch this will create steam to cook the peppers thru). Bake for 50-60 minutes. If the tops start to burn cover loosely with foil.
1. In a bowl combine these ingredients…………………
1/2 cup Sour cream
1 cup chopped basil
dash of Salt and pepper
1 tsp sugar
1 tablespoon water
2 tablespoons EVOO
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 garlic clove minced
2. Then mix and set aside for flavors to develop while peppers cook
When the peppers are done top with the sauce and enjoy! I served mine with a salad dressed with fresh lemon juice and EVOO!