Well it seems that this year that age old saying will come true….tomorrow night is a rare blue moon and it should look like the picture above. I have been thinking alot about that saying “Once in a blue moon” and decided to think about 2010 and resolutions….I have never done resolutions in the past and I still don’t call what I have done anything more than things I want to accomplish or do differently in 2010! I also read somewhere that you will have a greater chance at success and following thru if you put our goals “Out There”. So here goes nothing………….
Nicole’s Once in a blue moon things I don’t call a resolution list!!!!
(Brace yourself this will be long)
1. Be positive!! My husband is such a “glass half fuller” and since I met him I have been better but I really want to try to be more positive!!
2. Focus on the good things I bring to our marriage….and then do more of those!
3. Focus on Scentsy and all the potential it has in my life!
4. Devote more time to Junior Hospitality Club as well as getting in more community service hours!
5. Focus on the positive friendships I have in my life and then build upon those!
6. Save, Save, Save…..think; do I really need to buy more STUFF?? I mean I do not know your financial situation and you do not know mine but I would love to stop being stressed about what is or isn’t in our bank account!
7. Focus on our home…..fix our fence, start on the upstairs bath and slowly work on bedrooms!
8. Work on letting go of those silly petty fights you have in a marriage, talking it out then moving on!
9. Realizing our home is small but effective and host more friends and family!
10. I will be turning 29 in a few months so I would like to work on a 30 before 30 list!! Fun, small things I would like to do before I turn 30!
11. Be healthy! I have fallen off the “I do not eat fast food” wagon…I need to jump back on!
12. AND go figure………Exercise!! The #1 resolution around but but here are my reasons….
– My neurologist has told me to and how it may help my migraines! I mean how lazy am I that I know something may help but I can not drag myself off the couch?
– In the past couple of months I have gained 10pounds, after my brother pointed them out..I need to loose em!
– Cellulite is slowly but surely taking over my thighs (there is no help for my butt, it is a lost cause) so I need to put a stop to this!
– I am so out of shape it is pathetic!
SO please hold me accountable, this one will be soo hard for me!!! HELP!
Lastly, I want the Serenity Prayer to be my “Mantra”….
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change
courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace!
Do you have resolutions? If so, what are they? Are any of yours the same as mine?