Last year I blessed you all by ranking my TOP Christmas Movies which you can view by clicking HERE
So this year I wanted to talk Christmas Music!!! This is soo hard so let me start by saying I love ALL Holiday music and I am sure that once I publish this post I will remember some more that I should of added!!
But here are a few…….
1. Can you have the Holiday Season without Mariah Carey “All I want for Christmas is you”!!! I can not begin to tell you how many times I have danced to this for a Christmas performance!!
2. Next up the ENTIRE Christmas Vacation soundtrack but mostly the title track “Christmas Vacation“……”It’s that time, Christmas time is here”…”Hip hip hooray for Christmas vacation” I watched this again last night, I laugh just as hard every single time!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. Well again this entire soundtrack is music to my ears but one stands out… by Brenda Lee “Rockin around the Christmas Tree“!!!!
4. Michael, Oh Michael how much I love thee!!! But I am mad at you right now because so far on your 2010 Tour you are not coming anywhere near Oklahoma! But back to Christmas…… I love love his version of “The Christmas Song” it is so soothing and gives me warm fuzzies!!!
5. Josh Groban has the voice of an angel!! And I just love “I’ll be home for Christmas”, “Noel” and “Silent Night“!! His songs are so filled with emotion that just sometimes I get a lump in my throat while listening to them!
Finally………..my favorite Christmas Song is “O Holy Night” and I love Celine Dion’s version and Josh Groban’s but every time I hear the Mercy Me version it makes me want to shout it from the rooftop! This song is also very emotional for Matt, it reminds him of candle light services from his childhood when his mother was still alive. This song touches him so much that we always have to change it when it comes on.. …But then again isn’t that the reason why music is so great? He will forever associate that song with his mother and this song will forever have a place in his heart and mine.
I found this online,it is the Mercy Me version set to beautiful pictures of Jesus’s birth……………EJNOY!
Merry Christmas Everyone……what is YOUR favorite Christmas Song??