This week of blissful weather in Oklahoma has me excited about Fall, my favorite season. The Great State Fair of Oklahoma is in a week and that always means that fall is right around the bend! The first official day of Fall is not until September 22 but I decided to jump the gun and talk about a few, just a few of my favorite things about Fall!!!
1. October 30th is Matt’s Birthday and this year we will be celebrating the start of the last year in his 20s!! Any suggestions for Birthday ideas?? Also on the 27th of October we will be celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary! There is nothing better than “Falling in love”…
2. Besides the smell of all things Cinnamon I love when the trees start to turn color, I wish we lived somewhere amazing on the East coast perhaps where the Fall foliage is extra special! But the 2 pear trees at the entrance of our neighborhood will do and everyday when I leave and when I come home I love the colors they become. In fact those exact colors are what I designed my wedding after! And had special invitations with leaves made as well!
3. Fall FOOD!!! I mean the cooler weather signals us to break out the pots (I finally got a Le’Creuset) and make a beef stew or a steamy pot of Chicken Tortilla soup! I use my Mother in Laws recipe because is it the best around! So if your lucky I will share!
5. HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!! This is my favorite holiday and we don’t even dress up, it is the combination of the weather, the season and the colors that makes me go gaga for this Holiday! When it gets closer to the Holiday I will share with you my proposal… Matt did it all Halloween and carved out each pumpkin to spell it out and that is only the tip of the iceberg!! Below is a picture I found that I love, I think it is from a Pottery Barn catalog… wouldn’t it be great to be able to do your house up like this during Halloween? Then I could throw Matt a Birthday Party!
5. SOONERS Football!!! Ok, no I am not kidding….. I love the Sooners even though football is not my passion BUT OU Gameday for us means lazy days around the house and while Matt watches the game I love to make a nice & fun dinner….spend my time cooking or reading on the couch!
I love Fringe!!!! You should check it out…. it is a combination of X-files meets CSI!