This weekend the rain finally stopped and we actually saw the sun! And not only did we see the sun but it was beautiful! We got to break in the patio for the 2009 season! hehe! Saturday was a last min invite, we invited my mom & dad over for some burgers and I don’t have any pictures! But I did try out a new recipe from my favorite magazine (below) and I made Bobby Flay’s LA Burger (picture on the cover) and everyone raved! In fact my mom was still talking about the burger and sweet potato fries I made as the side this morning, so I wanted to share the burger recipe with you!! (Email me if you want the fry recipe)
Bobby’s Perfect Patty
Shape 6 ounces of 80 percent lean ground beef chuck into a uniform patty, no more than 3/4 inch thick (don’t overwork the meat). Make a depression in the center with your thumb so the burger won’t bulge; the indent will rise as the patty cooks. Preheat a grill or cast-iron grill pan to high. Brush the burger with canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until golden brown and slightly charred, turning once (7 minutes for medium-rare). Avoid pressing with a spatula! Add cheese for the last minute of cooking.
Your pick: Monterey Jack is a California favorite, but Bobby loves this burger with cheddar, too.
Avocado Relish (This is SOO YUMMY)
Avocado is one of Bobby’s favorite ingredients. He mixes 2 chopped Hass avocados with 1/2 diced small onion, 1 minced jalapeno, the juice of 1 lime, 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro, and salt and pepper.
Then just build your burger! We added lettuce, tomato and big piles of the avocado relish!! Delish!! Enjoy!
Below……..we were excited to use our new grill!!!
On Sunday Matt & I ran errands, did laundry, worked a tad in the yard and then I made a favorite of ours my “Semi-Homemade S-getti” and we enjoyed it on the patio with the animals.
1 lb Ground Turkey
Prego Herb & Garlic tomato sauce
1/2 cup red wine
pre chopped mushrooms (optional)
Easy How- To:
– In a skillet cook your turkey meat and all you add to your meat is pour the 1/2 cup red wine over it right away and then add 2 spoon fulls of brown sugar on top as well and cook until done. NOTE! since it is turkey and you added wine the meat will have a slight purple tint to it!
– Cook your noodles! TIP! while boiling add some Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the water and the noodles will not stick together!
– In a 3rd small pot cook your mushrooms in about 3 tablespoons of EVOO, and when the mushrooms are almost cooked thru add in 1 heaping teaspoon of garlic! TIP! Don’t salt the shrooms because that will draw out moisture in them making them tough!
– Drain meat and return to pot, salt! Then add Prego sauce, add 1 more dash of salt and heat thru. TIP! Salt after each new ingredient and it will add layers to your flavor!
– When sauce is heated stir in mushrooms and garlic, mix well!
Then your done………. you know the rest!! This recipe makes for a tasty & sweet meal!!