My In-laws are moving the furniture in their living room here to their Colorado home, which means NEW stuff at home! I was so excited when my Mother-in-law asked me to design for her. They are currently repainting all the living room walls grey which flows into their kitchen. The rug in their kitchen has tans, grey and some shades of blue so that was my inspiration for the living room which is open to the Kitchen! She wanted a rug, storage ottoman and other than that was open which was fun for me to have FREE reign!
I am so excited about this and I LOVE LOVE adding blues into the living room, if I was going to ever re-do my color palette I would do Blues with shades of pink! (For real)
I found this Restoration Hardware knock off couch and fell in love! It has gotten so many great reviews too which is a plus! It is the perfect centerpiece for the Living Room!
Let me walk you thru this board:
* On the mantle over the fire place is where those 2 Blue prints will go and not hung just set on the mantle and then the metal "S" will also go on the mantle along with a framed family photo!
* That rug is PURE perfection and I am obsessed and the ottoman is storage!
* The beautiful leather chair is a recliner but it is a bit more subdued than others and that will go to the side of the couch facing the TV (for my MIL to know)
* Those metal baskets are actual end tables! You can put magazines or books inside them but they are storage and the wood top are perfect to add some texture to the room! And that metal burst will look so cute on top!
* Lamps are a MUST and this lamp is great!
* Lastly the pillows will add in accent colors and warm up the couch along with the throw blanket!
Savage Living Room by nsavage featuring metal figurines
This is an idea in case they wanted to switch out the tv stand and I LOVE it! The boxes open in different configurations and is made to house a DVR and wires!
Wall decor, Let me walk you thru this....
* Since they have a place in Colorado I wanted to bring a little bit of Colorado to them! The canvas of the Aspen Birches will bring in color to room and match the pillows!
* The mirror and arrow will add some fun elements mixed in with family photos that we will frame!
* Lastly the picture of the Georgetown RR is a vintage post card that will be fun to frame and then the picture of the homes along the Georgetown lake will add color to match the room! They are memories but in a vintage/artful way and I LOVE IT!
* She had a wooden table and 1 idea to modernize it is to switch out to these fun metal chairs!
* I picked out the blue placemats to match the kitchen rug and bring the blue from the living room into the kitchen!
* The cotton from Magnolia Market will be a great centerpiece and those metal servers will look great in the kitchen!
If you want me to style your home shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss getting you a quote and how everything will work!