Something I LOVE about living in Colorado is that even when we hit a HIGH of 99' yesterday once your in the shade or the sun starts to go down it's amazing outside. Even though during the day we were roasting we are still able to eat dinner on the patio every night and enjoy every minute without sweating! You could never do that in Oklahoma. SO.... Colorado 1, Oklahoma 0!
Last night we made such a stunner of a grilled dinner that I knew I had to spread the love and share with you! Last week on the blog I shared with you our love of grilling corn and today I am telling you that grilled green beans are ON POINT! Really, we love them! This chicken is super easy as well and even better that after the prep work is done you pass the baton to the grill master AKA hubby to finish it all up!
* Make sure you trim the ends off your beans first then drizzle with EVOO, Salt, Pepper and any other spice blend you like! Last night I used my fav Smoked Paprika!
* Place beans in a grill basket and then you will place basket on grill over Med-High heat for about 20 minutes. They do take a bit longer than other veggies and make sure you occasionally toss them around to get even coverage!
Grilled Pepperjack Chicken: (For 2)
2 Chicken breasts
1 Red pepper
2 Slices of Pepper Jack Cheese
4 Strips of Crispy bacon
EVOO, Salt, Pepper, Smoked Paprika
* Trim your chicken and season with Salt, Pepper and Smoked Paprika
* Cook your Bacon and set aside
* Slice the "cheeks" off your red pepper and drizzle with EVOO, Salt and Pepper on both sides
* TAKE all ingredients outside!
* Grill your chicken along side your green beans and also place your red pepper cheeks directly on the grill until soft and somewhat charred.
* While other things are cooking, slice your cooked red pepper into strips and place with cheese and bacon
* When chicken is ready build your stack gently: Chicken, Red Pepper Strips, 2 pieces of bacon and topped with sliced cheese and close grill until cheese is melted!
* Then Enjoy along side your delish green beans!!!
I hope you all love this easy Summer meal as much as Matt and I do!