Thursday, November 29, 2012
BUT! I have something fun while I am away....I am giving away that Christmas Scentsy warmer above!! AND a Christmas Scentsy bar to go with, isn't it so cute? I will announce the winner next Wednesday!
How to enter????
1. Be a follower of my blog, you can "follow" by finding the box on the right hand side 1/2 way down.
2. Leave me a comment telling me your favorite Holiday tradition!!!
Have a good week friends! You can check out all the Holiday warmers by clicking HERE!
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
* J Crew!
JCrew is expensive but I love giving someone a little luxury from there and I can usually always find something wonderful on sale.
1. I LOVE scarves! I have well over 20 and infinity scarves are my favorite! J Crew factory has this bad boy and it comes in several colors! Someone I know is getting this for Christmas.....well actually 2 of you are! haha! You can find this HERE!
You can find them HERE
I LOVE Stella and Dot, I literally have hundreds of dollars of this stuff and I love each piece! To me this line is a luxury and I love to treat myself or someone I love to some sparkle! My friend Kaylyn sells it and it is the perfect gift! This can also be pricey but they are having an awesome sale right now! Go on and check out my favorite jewelry line by clicking HERE!
* Williams Sonoma!
How cool is this??? They have three different "Make you own Cheese" kits!!!!?? Pretty cool I say and very reasonably priced! You can check it out HERE!
Nails are all the rage right now and I can't seem to ever have enough nail polish! Sephora has this awesome collection of OPI colors and this is a great gift!! You can see it here!
This is something I am asking for, for Christmas a EVOO can from Curtis Stone! Have I told you all I met Curtis Stone? Super Handsome and nice! This was also on Oprah's favorite things this year so with the name OPRAH you get a discount!!! This is perfect for the home cook! You can get yours HERE!
I think we all know I am obsessed with magazines it's my "thing" but honestly you can't go wrong giving someone a subscription!! I get mine thru Amazon and it is a great gift!!!
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
* Remodel our master bath
* Put in reclaimed barn wood floors in the house
* I would add on to the basement, adding a bedroom and full bath
* I would buy everyone in my family a new car of their choice
* I would give a large amount to charities
* I would buy a few actual designer outfits while on a trip to NYC
* I would write down all the amazing places I want to visit and plan trips around the globe.
* I would find my passion and let the money help me to figure out what I want to do with my career?!
* I would save save save
* Get out of debt and get my family out of debt
Man, you know I could go on and on.....how fun! What would you do if you won millions?
Monday, November 26, 2012
Saturday, November 24, 2012
Thursday, November 22, 2012
On this peaceful Thanksgiving I am thankful for......
* My family and how they make me feel loved
* Matt's family who makes it so easy to fit into their lives since day one
* My animals, I couldn't live without them
* Friends who are supportive and know what I am going to say before I even say it.
* I am thankful for Columbus, a city that reminds me of home and I love finding new things that I love each week about this city
And lastly I am thankful for Matt, thankful that we are holding on in tough times and thankful for how Matt can always see the positive in everything even when I can't!
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
* For the baby, toddler or child in your life you can NOT go wrong with these Scentsy Buddies! Not only do these have a scent pack in them but they are machine washable! These come in all types of fun animals to pick from..... You can get yours HERE!
Sister, Sister-in-law, Mom or any woman in your life!
* Pottery Barn has the best cosmetic totes, I love mine and these are the perfect gift............
You can check out the whole line HERE!
* Sur La Table Bakers! I LOVE these and I gift them for weddings and both my Mom and Mother-in-Law have also received these from me in the past! I use mine several times each week!!! You can check them out HERE!
* Also from Sur La Table I love this donut pan! This pan plus a Barefoot Contessa Donut mix makes the perfect gift!!! You can check it out HERE!
* Also things I love to give to my female recipients is JCrew jewelry or a nice infinity scarf from JCrew or the Limited. I also love giving cookbooks and wrapping a beautiful hand towel or spatula with the cookbook! Don't forget to write a little something in the first page of the cookbook for a personal touch!
* Brew at Home! What a fun original gift from my favorite website Red Envelope. I have given this to my Brother-in-law in the past.........Find it HERE!
* Mens Monogrammed Slippers also from Red Envelope....Matt loves his and this is a no fail gift that any man in your life would love! You can see them HERE!
* Lastly my favorite gift I have given Matt is these cuff links. These cuff links have been made with actual salvaged seats from your favorite MLB stadium! Of course Matt's came from St. Louis but this gift is...well, perfect! They even come with your own certificate of authenticity....... You can get yours HERE!
SO friends, those are just a few of my favorite gifts to give and trust me I could go on and on but my house is screaming out for me to clean it! So I better get on it so Matt and I can enjoy our Thanksgiving holiday!
If you are traveling today I hope you have safe travels!!!!!
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Christmas has officially arrived at Casa de Savage!! While we were putting up all the decor there was some emotions attached...... in one way it was fun to decorate our new home for the first time but it was also bittersweet putting out decor and thinking about where it went in our Oklahoma house.
I am pretty lucky that I have a husband who likes putting up Christmas light!!! He did a great job! And we won't turn them on until Thanksgiving night! This was a "preview" HA!
This is the beautiful plant that lived in our urns on either side of our front door all summer, I couldn't believe I was able to keep something alive for over 4 months!
Here is the finished result!!! They turned out awesome.........And the trees are also wrapped with twinkle lights!!
This year I added some fun "swirly things" to stick out of the tree! Yes, I think swirly things is the technical name! And I love classic colors red, green and gold!
Monday, November 19, 2012
Matt has been with Farmers Insurance for 10 years, he was an agent before becoming a Reserve District Manager which lead to him taking the leap to become a District Manager. That was the sole reason we moved. We didn't pick a state and then get a job in Ohio, Matt was offered the job as a District Manager in Columbus, Ohio so we packed up and arrived! Matt has built his office from the ground up, finding the space, hiring a contractor, buying stuff to fill an entire office, hiring staff and building relationships with the agents in his District. A lot of time, blood, sweat and tears went into this past year.
Fast Forward to about 6 weeks ago when Farmers announced they are restructuring and Ohio was going to be the first state to roll out the new plan. Here is how that effects us........They are going to combine all current districts into super districts meaning reducing districts by less than half. And that also means that less than half of the current District Managers would continue on with the new plan. Matt believes in Farmers and we both realize that at times companies have to change to continue to grow. And right about now is when I will skip forward to our current news and you will have to trust that everything that happened in between that is a need to know. That will stay between Matt, myself and our family.
This weekend we spent...I say "we" because I did help but Matt did the brunt of it all....we moved out of Matt's district office. We sold as much of the office as could, moved the rest to our garage and our trying to organize everything the best that we can. We have known about this for a few weeks and we had faith in this move, faith that this was just a little detour on the plan God has laid out for us.
Well, I am very happy to say that Matt has been offered and accepted a new Position with Farmers as an Agency Business Consultant Specialist. His territory will be Michigan, Indiana, Virginia, Tennessee and Alabama. This position is going to be a great fit for Matt, he is smart, put together and will be a representative for this company. Here is the very very brief "Cliffs Note" version of his new position. Matt will be working with all the District Managers in those states as well as the business consultants they hire to grow their agencies. Matt will make sure the consultants and DM's meet their goals, build their businesses and he will be their consultant/liaison with Farmers Corporate. He will office out of our home so he spent most of yesterday putting together a functional office here at home in our empty bedroom upstairs! This also means he will be traveling 10+ days a month, which will take some getting use to for us both. Also he leaves this Sunday for LA where he will be training for 2 weeks, then he will have field training for another 5 days give or take. Matt will be missing my Brothers wedding but his career at this point has to come first and we will both miss out on spending time together this Holiday season! Luckily my parents didn't like the idea of me being alone so the week after I get back from Oklahoma for my Brothers wedding my Mom will be coming to stay a week with me!
I hope this all made sense to everyone. Yes, this is bittersweet.....and Yes, change is hard wether it is negative or positive. We have been thru so much these past few years and living in limbo again the past few months has been hard. Matt and I are both excited to have a new plan laid out before us and I know we both look forward to building our life together and focusing on the future.
You know there isn't much to say about this movie other than it was AMAZING! The best movie of them all hands down! Matt loved it too and I can't wait to see it again! This movie was fast paced, emotional, fun, shocking and well......perfect! It sounds silly gushing over a vampire movie but every single person I know that saw this this weekend feels the same way I do! Way to go Twilight! It was perfection!
Check back later friends I have a lot to tell you...............
Friday, November 16, 2012
I love these silly "someecards" everyone pins on Pinterest ...so I thought that we could all use a little giggle on this Friday and I am gonna share with you my recent favorites!! These need no explanation but each of these made me literally laugh out loud especially the 2 cat ones!!! We laugh at these but they are all so true............