Thursday, December 31, 2009
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Nicole's Once in a blue moon things I don't call a resolution list!!!!
(Brace yourself this will be long)
1. Be positive!! My husband is such a "glass half fuller" and since I met him I have been better but I really want to try to be more positive!!
2. Focus on the good things I bring to our marriage....and then do more of those!
3. Focus on Scentsy and all the potential it has in my life!
4. Devote more time to Junior Hospitality Club as well as getting in more community service hours!
5. Focus on the positive friendships I have in my life and then build upon those!
6. Save, Save, Save.....think; do I really need to buy more STUFF?? I mean I do not know your financial situation and you do not know mine but I would love to stop being stressed about what is or isn't in our bank account!
7. Focus on our home.....fix our fence, start on the upstairs bath and slowly work on bedrooms!
8. Work on letting go of those silly petty fights you have in a marriage, talking it out then moving on!
9. Realizing our home is small but effective and host more friends and family!
10. I will be turning 29 in a few months so I would like to work on a 30 before 30 list!! Fun, small things I would like to do before I turn 30!
11. Be healthy! I have fallen off the "I do not eat fast food" wagon...I need to jump back on!
12. AND go figure.........Exercise!! The #1 resolution around but but here are my reasons....
- My neurologist has told me to and how it may help my migraines! I mean how lazy am I that I know something may help but I can not drag myself off the couch?
- In the past couple of months I have gained 10pounds, after my brother pointed them out..I need to loose em!
- Cellulite is slowly but surely taking over my thighs (there is no help for my butt, it is a lost cause) so I need to put a stop to this!
- I am so out of shape it is pathetic!
SO please hold me accountable, this one will be soo hard for me!!! HELP!
Lastly, I want the Serenity Prayer to be my "Mantra"....
Do you have resolutions? If so, what are they? Are any of yours the same as mine?
But really I just took my big blue pill aka Treximet to try and knock this thing down. Either way I have to work all day and I am going to try to minimize my suffering. Funny thing is I get side effects from the med such as....I will pee on the hour or maybe more all day, my nose goes numb, my eyes will dialate, my eyes will also feel like they have a fever and I will kind of be in a foggy haze.....but that is how Migraines go you always trade one evil for another!
Don't mean to be a Debbie downer just expressing my life....but on the good note, I am meeting some friends for a quick lunch today and that will be the bright spot for my day!
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Pioneer Woman's Monkey Muffins
Heat your oven to 375 and grease up a 12 cup muffin pan!
Then in the bottom of each place a pad of butter and sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar.....
Next up you will need 1 can of Sweetened condensed milk...........
Here I am working the stove hard..............TIP! Throw in an extra pad of butter to cook your sausage in, this will add some flavor and help develop the rich brown color!
I also have a Red Snowflake Warmer which is perfect thru February and I will sell that for $25 and I have the matching Red plug in I will sell for $12!!!! Email me at email@example.com if you want them and I can meet you or we can work out shipping!!!!!!!!!!
Monday, December 28, 2009
Matt got a HUGE promotion!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, so for the last 6 years my husband Matt has owned his own Farmers Agency alot of hard work and dedication has been put into this, I mean this is his child. Matt also was just getting into a good position where things were sailing along .....when WHAM!! He gets a call from his District manager asking him if he would be interested in becoming a District Manager! This is not something you decide over night this is a HUGE decision we discussed at length and this oppurtunity has many pros and some cons! Then Matt had to take tests, write essays, gather transcripts and get approved thru by the state all the way to the national office! This entire 3 month process that was full of stress came to an end last Tuesday!!He passed with flying colors might I add!!! SO what does this mean.............
-Farmers will essentially be "buying" Matt's agency from us and that sum will be very helpful to put away for when Matt starts his own District office as well as wiping out all our debt!
-Matt will for the next 12-18months become a Reserve District Manager which means he will be hands on in recruiting new agents, learning how to run his own district and training new agents!! This means he will be working LONG LONG hours and that will be adjustment but he will also be moving over to salary for this time instead of commission only and that was a pro on the decision checklist!
- So when his 12-18months is over Matt will be awarded his own Farmers District where he will be in charge/over all the agents in this area. Another good point on the checklist is the pay raise will jump again but the semi-bad is that we may be asked to relocate! And we will not know until this is all over. But whatever happens this is Matt's career and he is soo excited about this and I am here to support him!
This is pretty BIG news and this will be a change so 1 week from today Matt will start off in a new direction! And for all of you who have policies with Matt the way that will work is you will receive a letter in the mail mid-January explaining this and introducing you to your new agent. BUT, don't fret Matt will be over which ever agent you will be turned to and he will still be here to help!!
In these three heavy white boxes is my new dishes! My grandma got us new everyday dishes from Dillards which is exciting, now we can box up our Target stuff for a rainy day! Looks like we are almost grown ups! ha
I worked Christmas Eve and by the time we were going home alittle after noon it was already so bad that the visibility was barely 1 car in front, in fact I cried the entire way home (all 1 hour of a 10min drive) and at one point I could not stop, I was fishtailing thru a red light and I cried, prayed and laid on the horn as by the grace of God no one hit me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When Matt & I got home that day what we found was that it was snowing in our kitchen! HA, no joke....our back door and frame is old and the extremely high wind gusts knocked out our poor cocking not to mention the extreme cold made the door freeze... so we had to "jimmy rig" the seal using this towel!! Only us!