Here is the preview for the movie we are seeing in case anyone wanted to know! Enjoy........
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Our plumbing is fixed!! And I am not gonna lie, it cost A LOT more than we thought it would and to think that Matt did most of the digging and all of the re-filling of the "Trench"! Since it is Winter we will leave the flower bed/shrub bed area naked and come Spring we will start from scratch!
And if you recall me saying how it seems to be "One thing after another"?? I know that it is life and that is that...... so last night I was laying on the couch with Abner and I got alarmed and when I looked at him he was convulsing, his eyes were dilated and he was unresponsive. I tried to
"Snap" him out of whatever this is and comfort him but I flipped my lid because something was very very wrong I yelled for Matt and we loaded up and went to the ER. It appears he had somewhat of a seizure. It was heartbreaking. By the time we reached the ER he was normal again so we stayed for an hour, ran blood work and they observed him. The conclusion is.... that we are not sure what caused this? His blood work is good and is heart sounded good also. SO hopefully this was a fluke! Matt is at home today with him since we are suppose to monitor him for 24 hours! I love this little guy so much and lets all pray for him and that this event was the last of the unexpected at out house!!!!!
Monday, December 29, 2008
One of my favorite sayings is "When it rains, it pours" and another saying I love is " God only gives you what you can handle" so with that being said here is what we have on our plate right about now..........
I. Abner, he is such a blessing and I would not trade him for the world he was free and since then with his check ups and dental work we have invested around $600 into him! And this weekend we took him to the animal ER and found out he has an intestine infection (poor baby) he is doing better but they told us "No treats or people food" well, well, well.... Matt is at home today and picked himself up Mickey D's and he walked into a different room and WHAM Abner ate the entire double cheese burger!! Quickly followed by an upset tummy!
II. We have a water main break! NO JOKE, The plumber is there now with Matt and we need everyone to pray that it is only under our flower beds and not under our foundation and right now they are not sure. So this afternoon they will be ripping out all our shrubs (which are not cheap) and digging a couple of feet down to find the problem and stop "Stream Savage" which has been flooding our front yard! NOW if it is under our foundation we will literally have to tear up our flooring and use a jack hammer thru our concrete in our living room to dig under the house!!! Which means MOOLAH out the WAAZOOH!
I will keep you updated!!!!!!!!!!!
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
So I am sure you can see it was a Super Tiring day!!! I am so sleepy at my desk, baking takes alot out of you!!!
Friday, December 19, 2008
Dewey By Vicki Myron....
I just finished this book a couple of nights ago and I guess you can call it the Cat version of Marley and Me! This beautiful book cover is a picture of the actual cat Dewey! To give you a run down without giving too much away... one morning a Liberian (Vicki) finds a kitten in the book drop box and that cat becomes Dewey Readmore Books the library cat. This story is about the small town of Spencer, Iowa and how this one cat touched the lives of the people who live there and in return what big hearts the people of Spencer have. This book was an easy read and a very sweet story. I did shed some tears at the end but as everyone knows I have a soft spot for animals. I loved this book and would recommend it to anyone who loves animals or anyone who is in the mood for a heart warming story!
Have a wonderful weekend! Mine is filled with my Mom's Birthday Celebration and a Baking Extravaganza on Sunday! Wish me Luck!
Thursday, December 18, 2008
This "cutie-pa-two-tee" is our God daughter! And her beautiful mommy is my best friend Melissa. Long story short I love Melissa and she was actually the person who introduced me to Matt. We have been thru many important events in each others lives but Kendall will probably Top The Cake!!
Kendall was born September 4 and has been a blessing to her mom & dad ever since. Here is their personal baby website if you would like to check it out.... http://www.totsites.com/tot/kingrymiracle
I posted a couple of my favorite pics her the most recent Christmas pic with her mommy, Kendall's Darling OU outfit that her ulta cool God Parents got her (hehe) and the picture of the first time we held her about 15min after she was born!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Angels & Demons By Dan Brown..............
SO as many of you know, I LOVE to read! And last Friday I finished Angels & Demons. I saw the movie trailer and thought to myself now is the time before the movies comes out in May. The book is the "Prequel" to the DaVinci Code and it does not disappoint. It is very complex and very fast paced. One reason why I loved this book as well as the DaVinci Code is much of the book is fact based and in Angels & Demons you are thrust into a race across Rome at real places with real history. (It makes me sad that my mom & sister have been to all these places and I have not) but Dan Brown has a photo companion on his website so you can picture and visualize what you are reading. It was nice imagining Tom Hanks while reading this book and I can NOT WAIT for the movie to come out. This book has soo many twists and turns you are still caught by surprise up until the last 5 pages. I recommend this book for anyone who loves to read but especially if you love history and travel as much as I do. I attached the Movie trailer below............ Enjoy!
In case you were wondering I am now reading "Dewey" by Vicki Myron....review will be soon!
Monday, December 15, 2008
So we kinda started this "Sunday Sweets" a couple of weeks ago ... I usually make a dessert on Sunday and once Sunday I called mom & dad to see if they would run over and have some and they said no BUT Marissa said I will be right over... So Sunday nights before her Bible study Marissa comes over for dessert and a ton of doggie kisses!
(They go crazy for her)
Well last nights was SOOO easy and good.. I saw a recipe in a magazine and I changed things up and it turned into this.....
Nicole's Easy Apple Cobbler
- 2 cans of Apple Pie Filling
- Brown Sugar
- 1 Package Grands Biscuits
1. Preheat your oven to what the biscuits say
2. Spread the Apple filling in a square 9inch pan
3. Sprinkle Cinnamon & Brown Sugar over Apple
4. Place Biscuits over top, covering all apple
5. Brush Biscuits with butter then sprinkle with Cinnamon and sugar!
6. Cook for around 25 min, checking occasionally
Note! Dough on bottom will be soft since it is in the apple filling!
Serve with Ice Cream!
Friday, December 12, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Monday, December 1, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
A Christmas Getting To Know You...... ( If you have a blog copy & paste)
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial.. we want to upgrade to a bigger Tree hopefully next year!!
3. When do you put up the tree? Well usually the day after Thanksgiving but this year we were early!
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually a week or two after the new year, taking down is NOT fun!
5. Do you like egg nog? Yes please!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Prolly my Barbie Dream house!
7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad & my grandparents!
8. Easiest person to buy for? Matt
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope, no room!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail of course, I am working on them for this year already!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Who knows prolly some crap gift I got during dirty Santa!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I can not pick 1 soo.... Christmas Vacation, Home Alone, Elf &The Holiday
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Not as early as I'd like too!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? That is for me to know
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Snack items you only get once a year!!
16. Lights on the tree? Gold!
17. Favorite Christmas song? "I'll be home for Christmas" Michael Buble' , "O Holy Night" Josh Groban & "The Christmas Song" Dean Martin
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer,> Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen and of course Rudolph
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We have a big fun plaid & gold bow!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People being rude, stressed & ruining it for everyone
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Red, Gold & Green! I LOVE Gold if you can not tell!
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Whatever my mom makes & our Christmas Eve Chili
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A KINDLE! www.amazon.com
Friday, November 21, 2008
Happy Friday and stay warm!!